UPDATED LIAT WAIVER POLICY – COVID-19
With the changing situation with COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), LIAT has recognized that your travel plans may be affected. LIAT is, therefore, allowing passengers whose travel may be affected to make changes and cancellations. LIAT will waive the change and cancellation fees for passengers travelling between April 1st and August 31st, 2020.
- The waiver applies to passengers who have booked tickets on/before June 8th 2020
- The applicable travel dates must be between April 1st and August 31st, 2020
- Passengers who have booked via travel agencies MUST contact their travel agencies to make the necessary changes/cancellations.
- In case of changes to your booking, LIAT will change the booking to a future date of travel within the range of LIAT’s schedule with no penalties.
- Passengers may also choose to cancel their trip and receive a full credit. Passengers may apply this credit towards the purchase of a new ticket * within one year from the original issue date. Applicable fare differences MAY apply for new travel dates.
- Passengers who would have had credits expiring the period April – June 2020 will have the expiry date on these credits extended to August 1st, 2020
GDS Travel Agents
Travel agents who created reservations within the GDS must use Waiver Code “LICOVID”.
- Waiver codes should be provided in OSI field (format: OSI WAIVER LICOVID) for ARC reporting agencies or ticketing fields (tour code, ticket designator or endorsement boxes) for BSP reporting agencies. Agencies are encouraged to place waiver codes on both the ticket and the PNR, if possible. Transactions without a waiver code are subject to debit memo.
- Waiver codes may be used once per eligible change, as allowed by parameters above. Your clients should be contacted in advance of the record being worked in order to confirm acceptance of the new travel plan.
We recognize that you may have travel concerns during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. Multiple country restrictions and airport closures have resulted in our inability to operate commercial passenger flights; however, we are working on how best we can support you during this difficult period and beyond when we are able to resume serving your travel needs.
Our customer support includes:
- Travel Advisories to keep you informed of network updates and our schedule.
- The waiver of change and cancellation fees for bookings between April 1st and August 31st, 2020. Customers have until May 31, 2020 to make changes.Top
- A full credit has automatically been generated for bookings affected by suspended flights to avoid you the hassle of contacting Travel Agencies or our call Centre. The value of your ticket has been retained for your future travel needs.
- An extension of credits for customers whose credit expires between April – June 2020. The expiry date on these credits has been extended by four (4) months from the original date of expiration.
We encourage you to cancel, change, or view bookings online at https://book.liat.com/SearchWebCheckin.aspx. For further assistance our Reservations Team is available between the hours of 8am-4pm to assist you with your booking and queries.
Our resources are limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic and we regret that we cannot guarantee a swift response due to the abundance of requests. Rest assured our team is working hard to respond to all your inquiries.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We hope you and your loved ones stay safe.
You can contact our Reservations Call Centre for more information or assistance.
To call toll free from destinations within the Caribbean 1-888-844-LIAT (5428)
For those calling Antigua from other countries 1-268-480-6200
For those calling from Barbados 1-246-434-5428
For those calling from Guyana 592-222-1725/26
For those calling from Puerto Rico/USVI 1-866-549-5428
LIAT will continue to monitor the situation and advise passengers of any changes to this policy.
*Terms and conditions apply. Credits may not be used toward promotional fares. Changes or cancellations should be made by June 8th 2020.
Passengers whose flights were booked to travel during the suspension of passenger services will automatically receive a full credit except for bookings made via travel agencies. These must be changed and rebooked via travel agencies.